TOOLBANK DISASTER SERVICES: DETAILED DEPLOYMENT ACTIVITY
We deployed a 24’ tool trailer to Amory, MS to support the response efforts of Team Rubicon, Rise (Indianola), and Cajun Navy Ground Force (Rolling Fork).
HURRICANE IAN – LONG TERM RECOVERY:
• TDS has extended our operations in Fort Myers and Punta Gorda through the end of May.
• We are in the process of transitioning our operations to our new Southeast Territory Hub in Tampa. This location will serve as our strategic operations for long-term recovery and also blue-sky operations across the Tampa region.
• To date, we have provided tools to 13 community-based organizations to complete 2,798 projects, equip 4,572 volunteers and completed 530,945 volunteer hours. We have loaned over $427,163.01 worth of tools.
• In addition to tools, we have provided PPE to volunteers (N95, tyvek suits, safety glasses, etc.)
TDS WEST TERRITORY HUB – SACRAMENTO:
• We have hired, James Ramos, as our West Territory Manager, who will lead our operations in Sacramento.
• ToolBank tools are with West Slope Foundation (Caldor Fire), Alliance for Community Transformation (Oak Fire), Hope Crisis Response Network, Indian Valley Thrift (Dixie Fire).
• Since January 2023, we have provided tools to 4 organizations to equip over 176 volunteers and work on over 77 houses / projects.
• We are deploying a 53’ trailer to Sacramento, which will be housed at The Salvation Army to serve as our home base as we work to find a more permanent warehouse location.
TDS – PUERTO RICO:
• Jaime continues to build brand awareness across the island and has seen an uptick in tool orders.
• Beginning of Q4 2022 to date, TDS has provided tools to 7 community-based organizations (ProTechos, The Mission Continues, Cities of Love PR, Iglesia Cristiana Puerto Rico, Love in Motion Foundation, Travis Manion Foundation, and Team Depot).
• ToolBank tools have completed 261 projects, equipped over 190 volunteers, working to repair 150 roofs, directly impacted over 450 people, and provided over 3,200 volunteer hours to local communities.
TDS – NEW ORLEANS:
• We have hired, David Melancon, as our Program Manager, who will lead our operations in New Orleans.
• David continues to increase brand awareness and tool usage across the greater New Orleans area. In addition, he is creating a development plan for sourcing local funding to build long-term sustainability of our New Orleans operation.
• Our goal is to turn the TDS – NOLA operation into a ToolBank affiliate by the end of Q4 2023.
TDS SOUTH CENTRAL TERRITORY HUB – DALLAS:
We have a prospective warehouse option with our partner, Operation Blessing, with plans to tour the space in mid-May. We continue to seek funding opportunities to support the sustainability of the operations.